After a decent amount of online research , as well as talking to some close friends and others who have trid this, I highly recommend
the Mosaic weighted blankets
I will personally order it as soon as I get some money saved up and, after using it for some time, I will make a detailed review on my youtube channel and here on my website, so stay tuned for that!
After all the research online, as well as talking to people who use it (friends and other people) I’m pretty confident that it is one of the best brands out there.
Here is a rough guide to consider when choosing the weight of the blanket:
- Bodyweight 50-70 lbs = blanket weight 4-7lbs
- Bodyweight 70-110 lbs =blanket weight 6-12lbs
- Bodyweight 110-140 lbs =blanket weight 8-15lbs
- Bodyweight 140-160 lbs = blanket weight 10-17lbs
- Bodyweight 160-180 lbs = blanket weight 12-20lbs
- Bodyweight 180-200 lbs = blanket weight 14-22lbs
- Bodyweight 200+ lbs = blanket weight 22- 22+ lbs
Some interesting and proven benefits of weighted blankets are
- Reduces anxiety levels both at night as well as the following day
- Helps with insomnia and worry
- Increases sleep quality and deep sleep
- Helps reduce ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Reduces stress hormones (cortisol) in the body with carry over effects to the following day
- Triggers release of “feel good hormones”
- Calms down the nervous system
Life is too short for anxiety and insomnia =)
Chen, H., Yang, H., Chi, H., & Chen, H. (2012). Physiological Effects of Deep Touch Pressure on Anxiety Alleviation: The Weighted Blanket Approach. Journal Of Medical And Biological Engineering, 33(5), 463-470.